PLAN YOUR STAY
L'hôtel ce situe à deux pas de Collioure, de l'Espagneet des plages
Only 15 minutes drive from Perpignan et a few minutes from the main beaches of Saint-Cyprien, Canet en Roussillon and Argeles sur Mer, the hotel restaurant le Cara-Sol arises in the heart of the Roussillon. Spanish border is only 25 minutes away, Cadaques and its bay only 45 minutes drive.
In addition of being one of the sunniest department in France, The Pyrenées Orientales have got everything to offer: breathtaking landscapes, sea, mountains, important historic sites, museums, hiking trails, traditions, culinary arts and wines….to suit all tastes and all ages. In this unique setting, all the team of the Cara-Sol can’t wait to share their best travel tips with you!
ELNE, A ROMAN CITY
If the lower city of Elne does not seems particularly appealing, the old city holds many secrets. With all the weight of its 30 centuries of history, Elne tells us all about its first years as an iberian oppidum, the stopover of famous Hannibal with its army and elephants (IIc bc), the roman conquest and development of Christianity, the murder of the son of the Emperor Constantin 1st, its golden age as the Diocese of the region and the construction of the Cathedral Saint Eulalie and the closter, the massacre by King Philip the Bold of its inhabitant in the cathedral in 1285….it’ll also tell you the moving story of Elizabeht Eidenbentz who saved hundreds of new born in the Swiss maternity during the Spanish retirada. For those of you who love old ruins, a rich heritage awaits you with the narrow streets of the citadel, the Cara-Sol is located along the rampart, a few steps away from the cathedral.
Choose among a great deal of activities:
- Sand or pebble beaches, scuba diving, wakeboarding, windsurfing, paddling, kite surfing….
- Thalassotherapy centers and spa
- Canyoning, canoing, kayaking, golf, hiking, cross mountain biking, cycling, tennis, deep-sea fishing , angling, tree top adventure course
- Animal parc, aquariums, Sigean African nature reserve
UNE TERRE D'HISTOIRE
Among 500 historical monuments, and more than 20 000 registered master pieces, the Pyrénées-Orientales are a true miscellany of History
Less than 5 minutes away from the Cara-Sol
- Elne cathedral and Closter
- The swiss maternity
- Terrus Museum
- Canet Natura 2000 lake
- The beach of the Bocal du Tech
10 to 30 minutes away from the CARA-SOL
- Collioure’s Royal Castle and Valmy Castle
- Céret, its artists and Modern art museum
- Serrabona Priory
- Cerbère natural parc
- Le Palais des Rois de Majorque and the Castillet in Perpignan
- Les Caves Byhrr
- Castelnou et Eus, most beautiful villages of France
Less than an Hour from the CARA-SOL
- Salses and Bellegarde fort
- Villefranche-de-Conflent (Unesco Wold Heritage)
- Saint-Michel de Cuxa monastery
- Les Orgues d’Ille-sur-Têt
- Figueras (Espagne) and Dali Museum
Dear Guests, we are happy to welcome you back at the Cara-Sol!
In response to the Coronavirus, we have taken additional steps recommended local public health authorities to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more stringent.
This has disrupted in some ways our usual organization, but we hope that you will still feel the smile behind our mask, and our heart behind the plexiglass screens, for we assure you, they will be there!
Please contact us for bookings and information:
+334 68 22 10 42